At Jane's, we appreciate how important your wedding day is to you. We will work with you to plan the food for the day with the attention to details that will ensure that the day is special to you.
Jane's pride ourselves with supplying good quality food with efficient, friendly, mannerly service.
If you are planning your wedding why not give us a call to discuss your requirements and see if the experience we can provide meets with your vision of your wedding day.
Points to consider when planning your special day:
1. Plan Backwards
2. Are you having a nightime party? Are you having a night time supper? If so what time would you like the band to start? This will determine evening guest invitation time and supper time .
3. Are you having speeches before or after the meal or are you having speeches at all?
4. Allow approximately 2 hours for a wedding breakfast, this will determine time to call guests to dinner. As this a special meal we do not like to rush the experience.
5. Usually we would ask the bride and groom to cut the cake after the main course has been eaten and plates have been cleared away.However we are flexible on this. Jane's supply the cake knife.
6. If champagne is being provided Jane's waiting staff will pour.
7. Menu planning. This can be done by email, however Jane prefers to meet with bride and groom to discuss finer detail.
8. Menu can be planned to suit tastes and budget. All Jane's menus are bespoke to suit the customer's requirements.
9. Linen can be supplied
10. Flowers for tables can be supplied.
11. Wine can be served by Jane's waiting staff or bottles can be left on the tables .
12. Jane's also supply bottled water and jugs of elderflower cordial in the summer and jugs of raspberry apple and pomegrante juice in the winter for the tables.
13. Bar staff can be supplied if a free bar is being supplied.
14. A paying bar can also be organised.
15. Table sizes. 4ft rounds seat 6 guests comfortably, 5ft tables seat 8 guests comfortably , and 6ft tables seat 10/12 guests comfortably. More guests can be seated if a side plate is not required.
Winter Sample Menu
Mulled wine or mulled cider and canapes on arrival
Afternoon tea and hand made shortbreads.
Carrot and roasted red pepper soup served with Jane's homemade breads
Roast sirloin of beef served with a red wine jus
Buttery scallion mash
Oven roasted winter vegetables
Baby roast potatoes with fresh rosemary and garlic
Spiced red cabbage
Cranachan cheesecake served with warm berry salad and "Dundermotte" homemade vanilla bean ice cream
Coffee table with dainties
Below are a selection of menu options. We work
with you to create the menu to suit your
occasion and budget.
We would be happy to meet with you to
discuss your requirements.